The Antler King® brand Turnip can be planted as a stand alone food plot or mixed with other forage — such as Clover, Chicory or other cereal grain. Best planted in July through September for a great hunt plot. Deer generally will consume the “greens” and then eventually dig out the turnip bulb to eat.
- This variety can be very high in protein. We have tested this variety and found it to be in excess of 20% protein in February.
- Ideal pH range is 6.0 to 7.0.
- 1Lb. Covers approximately ⅕ acre.
- Plant seeds ½ inch or less deep.
- Use 19-19-19 fertilizer, or use Antler King® PLOT MAX soil conditioner and Antler King® JOLT Foliar Fertilizer.r